Effective from 01.07.2019
This statement specifies how we collect and use data, which may contain personal details provided by our website visitors or clients via submitting or posting. This policy also defines ways how we process these data and how our clients can access and edit them.
Ritterstein, s.r.o., Hodžova 26, 949 01 Nitra, Slovakia, Company ID: 51 043 289, firstname.lastname@example.org, +421 903 704 444
Personal data processing – term specification
Practices covered by the term ‘personal data processing’ include any operations or set of operations which the controller, processors or authorised third parties systematically perform with personal details of data subjects; particularly collection, recording, dissemination, alteration or modification, retrieval, use, transmission or other ways of sharing, storage, exchange or combination, restriction and deletion of client’s data.
Personal data processing principles
Data processing activities are carried out by the controller with respect and in accordance with the highest standards of the Data Protection Principles while paying close attention to the following regulations:
- Personal details are processed lawfully (in accordance with the Data privacy law of the Slovak Republic – Act No. 18/2018 Coll. and EU – the GDPR), fairly and transparently.
- The collector processes personal information securely and in a way that respects the protection of rights.
- Personal data are always processed clearly and comprehensibly by specified means in a specified manner and serving specified purposes.
- Only details that are adequate, relevant and necessary in relation to the processing purposes are collected.
- Personal information is kept for no longer than needed for the use for which they are processed.
Type of personal data collected
You are in control of your personal information and you have the right to choose what data you provide to us. We will accept if you decide not to share some of your personal details. In that case, however, the quality of information we present to you might be affected. This does not apply if a certain type of personal data needs to be processed based on compliance with legal requirements. We collect the following personal information: a name, a surname, a telephone number and an email address.
Automatically collected personal data and third parties
To improve our services we use the so-called cookies on our website. Cookies are small text files with specific data that recognise user’s device and support its communication with our website.
Cookies are stored via web browsers to the user’s computer hard drive. They only contain and transfer information from users based on their explicit consent. This may be restricted at any time by adjusting browser settings.
All third-party service providers are bound by confidentiality agreements applied within the EU and must not use your personal details for their own or any other purposes.
Methods of collecting personal data
- Email communication
- Newsletter subscriptions
- E-Shop registrations
Legal bases and purposes of personal data processing
Based on legal grounds:
- In compliance with legal obligations:
- in some cases, personal data may be used to arrange pre-contractual relationships or to apply terms of contracts (for example donation agreements, cooperation agreements, etc.), or;
- in order to meet the requirements of law enforcement authorities as required by the law;
- For legitimate interests:
- such as providing appropriate website contents, emails, and newsletters to improve and promote our products, services and our website;
- also for administrative purposes. If we use your personal information to pursue our legitimate interests, we always prioritise your rights and interests over ours.
We ask for your consent in case it is required by the applicable law. Every user can withdraw their consent by sending an email request to the person in charge.
Other personal data may be used for the following purposes:
- to send campaign news;
- to inform you about our activities;
- to send answers to questions submitted through contact forms on our website;
- to improve your browsing experience on our website. Personal data that we collect assist us with analytics and research that may be performed by third-party service providers. Anonymous and aggregated results of such research may be shared or disclosed with third parties. Personal details are used for analytics and to improve our services and the browsing experience, functionality and quality of our website. We implement appropriate measures of security with the automated processing of personal data that have a legal or a significant personal impact, to protect the rights and freedoms of our clients;
- in order to display relevant advertising on our website based on the analysis of user’s network behaviour.
Personal data retention
In case the processing of personal details is necessary in order to enter into, or perform a contract, the controller is obliged by the law to retain these data for the duration of the contractual relationship, usually for five years unless otherwise specified by applicable legislation. In other cases, personal information is retained until a consent withdrawal is requested or for a period of two years. Alternatively, for as long as is necessary to provide personal services, comply with the applicable law or to resolve disputes with either party.
We want you to be in control of the use of your personal information. You have the following options:
The right of access: you have the right to be informed whether we really process your personal data and the right to access these details as well as other supplementary information. If requested, the controller will provide you with a copy of the details processed.
The right to erasure (“the right to be forgotten”): the controller must erase personal data without undue delay in case of any reasons provided for by the law. Primarily, if a user withdraws their consent to the processing. However, in certain cases, the controller is not obliged or entitled to comply with such requests, especially when the processing of personal details is necessary to fulfil legal obligations.
The right to restrict processing: you have the right to request that the controller restricts the processing of your personal details in case of any reasons provided for by the law. For example, due to data inaccuracies or unlawful processing.
The right to data portability: If you have provided your personal information to the controller, the processing of it is based on your consent or is carried out for the purpose of fulfilling a contract and is performed automatically, you have the right to obtain this information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You can share the copy with other controllers. You also have the right to request that these data are transmitted directly to other controllers.
The right to rectification: you have the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified by the controller without undue delay. You also have the right to provide a supplementary statement to rectify incomplete personal details.
The right to object to the processing of the personal data: if we use your personal details on the basis of your consent, you have the right to retract this consent at any time in accordance with applicable legal regulations.
The right to lodge a complaint: if you believe that the processing of your personal information violates relevant legal regulations, you can direct your complaint to the Office for personal data protection on https://www.dataprotection.gov.sk/ or Hraničná 12, 820 07 Bratislava 27.
Enquiries and complaints
If you have enquiries or concerns about how we handle your personal information, or if you wish to exercise any of the rights arising from this statement, you can contact the above-mentioned person in charge. Alternatively, enquiries and complaints can be submitted to the Office for Personal Data Protection of the Slovak Republic, Hraničná 12, 820 07 Bratislava 27.
Updates to this statement
We will inform you beforehand if any changes relevant to your personal information processing (for example in case we would like to process your details for purposes other than those listed above) come into effect.