Charming place, underneath the ridge if the Low Tatras
Do you like or would you like to know beautiful corners of Slovakia? Explore these places while taking a break from your daily routine. Treat yourself with relaxation in the lap of pure, untouched nature, which will charm you with its unique beauty. Visit us at Magurka. With us, you will forget about work, clear your head and get rid of stress. You will have plenty of opportunities to do this around our cottage and we will be happy to advise where else you can go. At the same time, you will have a chance get to know one of the last, almost untouched parts of the enchanting nature of Slovakia.
Renovated cottage with more than 80 years of history offers a simple but cozy standard of accommodation, great services and homemade cuisine.
It is an ideal place to relax for everyone: tourists, families, groups of friends, or for corporate events. Our cottage is also pet friendly.
Where can you find us?
Cottage Magurka is located in the center of Low Tatras, far from busy civilization. The main access to the cottage is on a public road from Liptovská Lúžna or Partizánska Ľupča. You can get to the cottage directly by car. Parking is free of charge.
What do we offer?
- Dry finish sauna located just outside of the cottage
- Hot tub in the open-air tub
- Meadow with large wooden children’s playground
- Wooden gazebo with a fireplace
- Rental of electro bikes (spring to autumn)
Vicinity of the cottage
- Our cottage is located directly in the environment of the national park
- Marked hiking trails
- Cycling routes
- Hiking routes for beginners and more advanced
- Location ideal for skiing at the winter time (ski centres in up to 20-30km around)
Cottage Magurka has a capacity of 50 beds including extra beds. You can choose either standard rooms in the attic- each room has its own bathroom and toilet, or touristic rooms on the ground floor of the cottage with bunk beds and shared bathroom. Restaurant, terrace, toilets and rooms on the ground floor have wheelchair access, suitable for disabled guests. The rooms are furnished in a simple and purposeful style with a wooden interior.
Rooms with own bathroom and toilet:
- 4 rooms with 3 beds and one extra bed
- 1 room with 2 beds and one extra bed
- 1 room with 4 beds and one extra bed
- 1 room with 5 beds and 2 extra beds
Rooms with shared bathroom and toilets:
- 1 room with 4 sleeping spaces (2 bunk beds)
- 1 room with 4 sleeping spaces (2 bunk beds) and extra bed
- 1 room with 5 sleeping spaces (2 bunk beds, one single bed) and extra bed
Restaurant offers delicious tasty homemade cuisine. We just launched new menu, which consist mainly of traditional dishes, following typical recipes from Liptov and using local ingredients. We might also surprise you with a drink offer. Our drink menu includes craft beer, freshly roasted coffee, her teas from High Tatras or premium alcoholic beverages for more demanding customers. We offer half board or full board services. Larger groups can order meals in advance, according to their own requirements (however this needs to be specified in advance). Breakfast is served in a buffet style and it is automatically included in the price of the accommodation.
- Homemade cuisine, traditional recipes from Liptov area
- Craft beers, premium alcoholic beverages
- Freshly roasted coffee
- Teas from locally picked herbs
- Package for BBQ (local teats/bread/garnish)
- Take away package for day out
- Offer for customers with special diets or allergies
- Restaurant: up to 70 seats
- Terrace: up to 40 seats
- Gazebo: up to 15 seats